Combine your creativity and passion for nails and start a new career in an industry that offers unlimited potential for growth and is showing no signs of slowing down. Nail technology programs in Texas cover 600 hours of academics and hands-on skills that will help you to provide safe and professional nail services in spas and salons. You can even start your own business and go to your clients or have them come to you. Nail technicians provide professional manicures, pedicures, nail sculpting, and more. They may treat nail disorders and provide counsel on the prevention of disease and promotion of healthy nails. Manicurists in Texas earn a median salary of $18,500 with lots of opportunities for growth. If you’re ready to get started in this section of the beauty industry, a nail technology program may be just what you need to start earning a living while putting your talent and creativity on display.
Bella Beauty College
Bella Beauty College prepares students for a career in an industry where there are unlimited possibilities. The program explores the growth of the nail art industry, new product technologies, application techniques, and business strategies. Other areas include product knowledge, client safety, techniques, and building a loyal clientele. The curriculum is divided into two phases. Phase one covers the basics such as manicures, pedicures, gel polish, nail extensions, and acrylics in practice and presentation. Phase two supports the development of skill and speed and an understanding of terminology and techniques. Students will be given the opportunity to practice on customers. Various scheduling options are available.
Duration: 3.5 months (full-time)
Contact hours: 600
- Must be at least 16 years of age
- A high school diploma is not required. However, Texas state requires the completion of an equivalency test. The school will set up the test for students to complete on location
- High school students may attend the program – Juniors and Seniors only
- Attend an interview with an Admissions Director
- Sign an Enrollment Agreement
In addition to tuition, students must cover the cost of uniforms, kit, and fees.
Address: 720 Southwest Military Drive San Antonio, TX 78221
The extensive nail technician training module at Nuvani provides students with knowledge of the latest equipment, cutting-edge materials, and styles on crediting beautiful and professionally finished nails. The state-approved curriculum prepares students for Nail Technician Licensure and a career in the beauty industry. on using the latest equipment, working with cutting-edge materials and styles, and eventually how to create beautiful and professionally finished nails. Instructors will cover the steps for manicures, pedicures, using nail care equipment, application of polish, nail art, and industry trends. Course modules include Manicuring Orientation, Manicuring Procedures, Nerves, Nails, Professional Practices, Arms and Hands, and Chemistry in Manicuring. Graduates may apply for the state exam to receive a license to practice. Day classes meet Tuesday through Saturday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Duration: 20 weeks (full-time) 30 weeks (part-time)
Contact hours: 600
- Must be at least 17 years of age
- Must have a high school diploma or GED
- Attend an interview with an admissions representative
- Submit a completed application for admission
- Provide a valid photo ID and social security card
- Make financial arrangements for paying the tuition
Tuition and fees cost $5,900. Books and supplies cost an additional $145. Uniforms will be provided at the cost of the student.
Address: 2402 San Pedro Ave, San Antonio, Texas 78212
Phone: (210) 731-8449
The nail technology program at Vogue College covers the techniques, tools, and hygiene and health of nails, as well as the aesthetics. The goal of the program is to prepare students to function as confident professionals. The curriculum is based on the Milady curriculum covering the most current nail technology practices while meeting the state requirements for training. Areas of study include manicures, pedicures, nail art, sculpting, silk and fiberglass wrap, and caring for nails. Students will also learn critical skills such as communication, marketing, and professionalism to secure their first job or build a business from the ground up. The program is offered in English and Spanish. Additional benefits of choosing Vogue College include a history of successful graduates, a high job placement rate, hands-on experience in the student salon and spa, expert instructors, and a family-centered environment with low student-to-teacher ratio to encourage learning. Graduates will have the necessary preparation and confidence to pass the state exam.
Duration: 20 weeks (full-time)
Clock hours: 600
- Submit an application for admission and pay the application refundable registration fee
- Register with the State Regulatory Agency and pay the $25 fee
- Must be at least 16 years of age
- Provide proof of completing high school, GED, or state-issued certificate
- Meet with an admissions representative and attend a school tour
The total program cost of $7,200 includes tuition ($8,200), registration, TDLR, books, and kit.
Address: 1836 Fredericksburg Rd., San Antonio, TX 78201
Phone: 1 (866) 227-3779
University of Cosmetology Arts and Sciences
The manicurist program at the University of Cosmetology Arts and Sciences prepares students with the technical abilities to provide professional manicuring, pedicuring, nail enhancement, and spa services to clients. Students will also learn basic theory and principles of the profession through classroom presentations and hands-on activities in the school’s salon. The structure and function of the hands, feet, and nails, product knowledge, and chemistry, professional ethics, and marketing are also covered. Graduates will meet the required training for nail technicians as guided by the Texas Department of Licensing and regulations. Instructors will use academic learning, practical demonstrations, illustrations, practical and theory worksheets, practical demonstrations, written and practical evaluations, guest speakers, and rehearsing to deliver the course content. Students can expect periodic evaluations on both academic and practical skills to progress through the program.
Duration: 20 weeks
Clock hours: 600
- Must be at least 17 years of age – provide proof of age using a birth certificate, permanent resident card. Valid driver’s license, etc
- Must provide a high school diploma or transcript showing high school completion or equivalent
- Must be a Texas resident
The program cost of $10,522.37 includes tuition ($8,156.25), enrollment fee, text materials, kit, and taxes for text materials and kit.
Address: 910 South East Military Drive, Suite 100, San Antonio, TX 78214
Phone: (210) 433-7222
Milan Institute’s Manicurist-Nail Technology program helps adults develop skills in manicure and pedicure procedures, the use of all manicuring implements and supplies, application of artificial nails, repair of broken or split nails, and the care of nails and hands. Course modules include Procedures, Bacteriology, Sanitation and Safety, Professionalism Practices, Arms and Hands, Orientation, Rules, Laws and Preparation, Equipment, Implements and Supplies. Students must complete the designated course hours in each category to be eligible to take the state licensing exam. Graduates will project a positive attitude and have a sense of personal integrity and self-confidence, practice proper grooming and effective communications skills, perform basic manicures, hot oil manicures, pedicures and artificial nail applications, and make sound decisions in practice. Classes meet Monday through Thursday from 8:00 am to 4:50 pm.
Manicurist-Nail Technology Program
Duration: 24 weeks
Clock hours: 600
- Must be at least 17 years of age – provide proof of age using a birth certificate, permanent resident card
- Must have a high school diploma (HSD) or a high school equivalency diploma (HSED) or pass the US Department of Education approved ability to benefit test
- Pay the non-refundable Permit Fee of $25 required by the Texas Department of Licensure and Regulations
- Attend an interview with an admission representative
- Meet with a financial aid advisor
- Complete an enrollment agreement
- Applicants under 18 must have a parent or guardian sign the enrollment agreement
The program cost of $8,684.82 includes tuition, supplies with tax, and lab fee.
Address: 605 Southwest Military Drive, San Antonio, Texas 78221